Sunday, April 13, 2008

Award News

The Science Fiction Awards Watch managed to get hold of the complete list of the Compton Crook Award nominees for best new fantasy, science fiction or horror novel. The nominees are:

  • The Blade Itself, Joe Abercombie (Pyr)
  • The Outback Stars, Sandra McDonald (Tor)
  • The Name of the Wind, Patrick Rothfuss (DAW)
  • Magic Lost, Trouble Found, Lisa Shearin (Ace)
  • One Jump Ahead, Mark Van Name (Baen)

Several debut novels that I announced made the Gaylactic Spectrum Awards list, and they are:

  • Hero by Perry Moore (Hyperion)
  • One For Sorrow by Christopher Barzak (Bantam)
  • Spaceman Blues: A Love Song by Brian Francis Slattery (Tor)

Congrats to all the nominees; this must be a huge thrill for a debut novelist.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Tia - turns out we mis-spelled Lisa Shearin's name in the announcement. Can you correct it above, please. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Tia Nevitt said...

That's what I get for cutting and pasting! Thanks for pointing it out and I'll be more careful next time.

Kimber Li said...

Yeah, Lisa Shearin!

Anonymous said...

Loved the books by Patrick Rothfuss and Lisa Shearin. I would choose Patrick Rothfuss, if I was forced to choose.

Brilliant for the readers. :)

Nancy Beck said...

I hope Lisa Shearin wins. :-) Of course, that's the only book on the list that I've read, so I might be a bit biased. ;-)